Subscribes an endpoint to an Amazon SNS topic. If the endpoint type is HTTP/S or email, or if the endpoint and the topic are not in the same AWS account, the endpoint owner must run the
ConfirmSubscription action to confirm the subscription.
When we subscribe an endpoint to a topic, the endpoint begins to receive messages published to the associated topic.
- Login to aws portal.
- Click on Services.
- Under Application Integration select Simple Notification Service.
- Select Subscription.
- Click on Create Subscription.
- Select existing Topic ARN.
- Select Protocol.
- When we select Email as a protocol.
- Provide Email address that can receive notification from Amazon SNS.
- Click on Subscription filter policy. This policy filter message that a subscriber receives.
- By default Redrive policy is disable. If we needs to send undeliverable message to a dead-letter queue.
- Click on create subscription.
- After sometime Subscription created successfully.
Subscribe an endpoint to an Amazon SNS topic
- Setup aws-cli on your system so click on link https://www.hackerxone.com/blog/how-install-configure-aws-cli-ubuntu-1804
- Run the following command:
aws sns subscribe –topic-arn arn:aws:sns:us-west-2:123456789012:topic-name –protocol email –notification-endpoint email@example.com