- Alwin John
- April 23, 2021
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Go to Virtual Machine Service and click on Add button option.
In the Basics tab and under Project details make sure the correct subscription is selected and then choose to Create new resource group, For example Type myResourceGroup for the name.
- Next provide all the details like resource name, instance details, instance size etc.
- Under Administrator account provide a username such as azureuser and a password.
Inbound port rules choose Allow selected ports and then select RDP (3389) and HTTP (80) from the drop-down.
- Click Next: Disk’s button to continue.
- Click Next: Networking button to continue and provide details as required.
- Click Next: Management button to continue.
Next Guest config tab is to add additional extensions like agents, scripts, and applications to virtual machine.
Click Next: Tag’s button to continue.
- The Tags configuration tab is for add name and value to manage, categorize, and track resources usage for billing purposes.
- Click the Next: Review + create to continue.
- Connect to VM Instance.
- Click on connect for connecting to Instance using SSH.
- Use below SSH command to connect to the instance.
- provide password and you will connect on instance in ssh terminal.