Placement Groups are logical groupings or clusters of instances in the selected AWS region. Placement groups are specifically used for launching cluster compute instance types. ( e.g. cc2.8xlarge) Cluster Compute Instances provide a large amount of CPU.
- Login to aws portal.
- Click on Services.
- Under Compute select EC2.
- Click on Placement groups.
- Click on Create Placement group.
- Provide Placement group name.
- Select Placement strategy like Cluster,Partition or Spread.
- A cluster placement group is a logical grouping of instances within a single Availability Zone. A cluster placement group can span peered VPCs in the same Region.
- Partition placement groups help reduce the likelihood of correlated hardware failures for your application. When using partition placement groups, Amazon EC2 divides each group into logical segments called partitions.
- A spread placement group is a group of instances that are each placed on distinct racks, with each rack having its own network and power source.
- Click on Add Tag.
- Provide key name & value for placement group.
- Click on Create group.
- After sometime placement group created successfully.
Create Placement group using Shell
- Setup aws-cli on your system so click on link https://www.hackerxone.com/blog/how-install-configure-aws-cli-ubuntu-1804
- Run the following command:
To create a cluster placement group.
aws ec2 create-placement-group –group-name group_name –strategy cluster
To create a partition placement group.
aws ec2 create-placement-group –group-name group_name –strategy partition –partition-count number_of_partition