How to Create Placement Groups on Amazon Web Service(AWS).
Placement Groups are logical groupings or clusters of instances in the selected AWS region. Placement groups are specifically used for launching cluster compute instance types. ( e.g. cc2.8xlarge) Cluster Compute Instances provide a large amount of CPU.
- Login to aws portal.
- Click on Services.
- Under Compute select EC2.
- Click on Placement groups.
- Click on Create Placement group.
- Provide Placement group name.
- Select Placement strategy like Cluster,Partition or Spread.
- A cluster placement group is a logical grouping of instances within a single Availability Zone. A cluster placement group can span peered VPCs in the same Region.
- Partition placement groups help reduce the likelihood of correlated hardware failures for your application. When using partition placement groups, Amazon EC2 divides each group into logical segments called partitions.
- A spread placement group is a group of instances that are each placed on distinct racks, with each rack having its own network and power source.
- Click on Add Tag.
- Provide key name & value for placement group.
- Click on Create group.
- After sometime placement group created successfully.
Create Placement group using Shell
- Setup aws-cli on your system so click on link https://www.hackerxone.com/blog/how-install-configure-aws-cli-ubuntu-1804
- Run the following command:
To create a cluster placement group.
aws ec2 create-placement-group –group-name group_name –strategy cluster
To create a partition placement group.
aws ec2 create-placement-group –group-name group_name –strategy partition –partition-count number_of_partition
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.