How to Create CodeCommit on Amazon Web Service(AWS).
AWS CodeCommit is a fully-managed source control service that hosts secure Git-based repositories. It makes it easy for teams to collaborate on code in a secure and highly scalable ecosystem. CodeCommit eliminates the need to operate your own source control system or worry about scaling its infrastructure.
AWS CodeCommit keeps your repositories close to your build, staging, and production environments in the AWS cloud. You can transfer incremental changes instead of the entire application. This allows you to increase the speed and frequency of your development lifecycle.
- Login to aws portal.
- Click on Services.
- Under Developer Tools select CodeCommit.
- Click on Create Repository.
- Provide Repository name & description.
- Provide key name & value for repository.
- Click on Create.
- Repository has been created successfully.
- We can create or upload a file on repository.
- Click on Create a file.
- At the repository,write the code on a new file.
- Provide the file name.For example:project.txt.
- Provide Author name.
- Provide Email address.
- Type the Commit message.
- Click on Commit Changes.
- After sometime Repository is ready.
- We can Clone the repo file using URL.
Create CodeCommit using Shell
- Setup aws-cli on your system so click on link https://www.hackerxone.com/blog/how-install-configure-aws-cli-ubuntu-1804
- Run the following command:
create-repository –repository-name repo-name –repository-description “example” -tags <value>
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.