- HX Club
- November 16, 2021
The gcloud CLI manages authentication, local configuration, developer workflow, interactions with Google Cloud APIs. With the gcloud command-line tool,.it’s easy to perform many common cloud tasks, like creating a Compute Engine VM instance, and deploying an App Engine application, either from the command line or in scripts and other automations.
- Add the Cloud SDK distribution using the following command:-
echo “deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/cloud.google.gpg] http://packages.cloud.google.com/apt cloud-sdk main” | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-cloud-sdk.list
- Import the Google Cloud public key:
- Update and install the Cloud SDK:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install google-cloud-sdk
- Press Y & Enter.
- Install any of these additional components:
- Run gcloud init to get started:
- Then click on link & provide your mail-id & password.
- Click on Allow.
- Copy the verification code.
- Paste the code on Terminal.
- Enter a number & Select your project or Create a new project.
- Select Region & Zone.
- Google Cloud SDK is now configured and ready to use!