Hello,here we are discussing about for active directory domain service.In this Blog,we are installing & configuring active directory domain service.It is a window server role in Active Directory that manage users and allows to store information about resources from a network,& application data.
There are some steps to install & configure active directory domain service in window server 2019:
To Install Active Directory Domain Service
- Login to window server 2019 base.
- Click on Start Button then click on Server Manager.
- Close the open wizard.
- Click on Add Roles & Features.
- In the Before you begin page,this wizard helps you install roles,features & role services.Click on Next.
- In Installation type page,Select Role-based or Feature-based installation.Click on Next.
- In Server Selection page,select “select a server from the server pool”. Click on Next.
- In Server Roles page,Select “Active Directory Domain Services” role then Click on Add Features.
- Click on Next.
- In Features page,select features as per requirements.Click on Next.
- In AD DS page,Click on Next.
- In Confirmation page,review the added roles & features then click on Install.
- Once installation is done,click on close option to “Close the Add Roles & Feature wizard”.
- Now, we can easily see the added roles & features on Server Manager wizard.
To Configure the Active Directory Domain Service
- In Server Manager page,Click on Notification icon.
- Click on “Promote this server to a domain controller”.
- In deployment configuration page,click on “Add a new forest”.
- Provide a Root domain name(Example.com). Click on Next.
- Provide the Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM) password,then click on Next.
- In DNS option page,ignore this warning “A delegation for this DNS server cannot be created”. Click on Next.
- Verify the NetBIOS name (Example) & click on Next.
- Provide the location for AD DS database,log files & SYSVOL then click on Next.
- Review the selections.Click on Next.
- Prerequisites needs to be validated before AD DS is installed so check the prerequisites then click on Install.
- Once Installation is completed then click on close option to “close the open wizard” & the system will be restarted or rebooted.