- Andreas Bartel
- July 22, 2022
Hello,In this blog we are installing DNS Server Role in window server 2019 base.DNS stands for Domain Name System,is a server which is used for translating human readable domain name to the IP addresses.Each device connected to the Internet & has a unique IP Address.Other devices use the IP address to search/find the device.
There are some steps to Setup DNS Server role in window server 2019 base:
- Login to Window Server 2019 Base.
- Click on Start Button then click on Server Manager.
- Close the open wizard.
- Click on Add Roles & Features.
- In the Before you begin page,this wizard helps you install roles,features & role services.Click on Next.
- In Installation type page,Select Role-based or Feature-based installation.Click on Next.
- In Server Selection page,select “select a server from the server pool”. Click on Next.
- In Server Roles page,Select “DNS Server” role then Click on Add Features.
- Click on Next.
- In Features page,no needs to select features.Click on Next.
- In DNS server page,Click on Next.
- In Confirmation page,review the added roles & features then click on Install.
- Once installation is done,click on close option to “Close the Add Roles & Feature wizard”.
- Now, we can easily see the added roles & features on Server Manager wizard.